Sunday, May 10, 2015

Beer Roundup

So I thought I would do a quick roundup to catch up on the backlog of shit I drink.

Here is the lineup that I drank on New Year's Eve:


All very good beers.  I could drink Winter Cheers all year round and Longboard is one of my go-to lagers.  I'm glad Kona Brewing Company improved its east coast distribution last year.


My wife brought home La Chouffe on a lark because she like Belgian Ales.  This was very good.  Why haven't we heard of this before?


The Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen is pretty good and I would grab it again if it was available.  The grapefruit version is disgusting.


My (now former) coworker Doug recommended Clown Shoes to me so when I saw this as a single I bought one.  I prefer my wheat beers without a citrus additive but this white ales was pretty good.


I seem to be in a minority as I seem to be the only person not overly impressed with the Southern Tier porter.  At first sip it tastes like a very good porter but within seconds it seems to go thin and flat.  What gives?  Maybe I'll try it again  but I have my doubts.


Great label, I love stouts, what could go wrong?  Sadly it wasn't that impressive for a stout.  A bit thinner than I prefer and it wasn't very flavorful.  A redeeming quality is that the espresso flavor wasn't overdone, but maybe that is a bad thing here.  Would it have been better if it tasted of nothing except espresso?  Probably not.


I keep seeing the love for this amber ale so I bought a single from my local beer store.  After being severely disappointed in Long Trail's Mostly Cloudy, I was not going to buy a 6 pack of this.  I was pleasantly surprised.  This is a good beer that I would drink again.  It's not spectacular but good enough.


And last but not least, Victory's Summer Love.  Victory's Prima Pils is my new favorite pilsner.  I always try to have some stocked in the beer fridge.  Their IPAs are well made and would appeal to IPA fans, except I'm not.  I can appreciate the quality though.  So when I saw this in the store I grabbed it.  This is an excellent summer ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment